Thursday, May 7, 2009

May - Finally

Hi Everyone:
Well, there probably aren't many of you who have not given up on me and those who still check occasionally will be shocked to see that I have actually updated the blog.
How wonderful to see the daffodils and tulips in bloom and not snow, and nice warm sun - for those of us living around here.....some of you lucky ones get that all the time.
Things are going fairly consistently with me. Still making trips to Princess Margaret Hospital every 3 weeks for blood work, Dr. visit and chemo. Getting weekly chemo shots at home - home care comes in to do that, also taking steroids for 5 days and other chemo drug for 14 days out of every 21. I still have one "sick" week but 2 good ones. I'm still going to yoga on Monday mornings and art classes on Friday mornings and am currenly taking a 3 week course (one morning a week) at the hospice on "Chemo Brain". Thank goodness I have an excuse for my forgettfullness!!!!
My one ankle was quite sore and swollen from the end of January until early March so it was rather disappointing not to be able to "dance the night away" at Brandon (Mike's son) and Lisa's wedding on Feb. 7. It was a beautiful wedding though and everyone had a great time.
Seems that just as my ankle improved, I my knee became very sore knee in mid March. Finally went for physio on Tuesday this week and thanks to Ann Botham, the miracle worker, (York Rehab, 730 Davis Drive)it is feeling quite a bit better already.
Mike is doing well - looking forward to getting out golfing. He was down to Cuba for a week with some friends about a month ago so they got in several warm up rounds of golf to prepare the the season here. Mike and his brothers and boys were up to the cottage this past weekend and put in the docks, got the water connected, and raked up the lot so not it's just up to us women to get up there and clean. Mike has had to help out a little more with the gardening this year (mostly just showveling dirt (which he is very good natured about in spite of the fact that gardening isn't really his thing). I can only garden for about 40 min. tops and then I have to lie down for an hour or so to recouperate. It is very frustrating as there is so much I'd like to do.
My Mom is as busy as ever. Her brother Tom passed away quite suddendy and unexpectedly on January 28 so that was a difficult time. Mom's going to Budapest and Prague for a couple weeks (including a week boat cruise) the end of May with a friend from Regina. Needless to say, she is looking forward to a much needed vacation.
Laura is fine - still in Ottawa and busy with training Trevi (her 2 year old Golden Retriever). I was to Syracuse with Laura dn Trevi Easter Weekend where he earned his Certificate of Conformtion Assessmet. He a also had his Rally Novice and is halfway to his Canadian Chamion on conformation. He's (really it's Lauar is training I think!!) also tarining in agility and obedience.
I was a little late finishing this blog - so it is now after Mother's Day. We had four mothers here for dinner and children to buy them presents sot that was great!!!.
Now our other big news.....Doug and Katie are expecting a baby in November so there will be even more mothers around for Mother's Day next year. We're all very excited for them. Katie isn't feeling too well but that should soon pass.
Hope everyone has a good weekend coming up - much better wether than tha last one for sure.
Take care - stay healy.
Janet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well it took me a while to check your Blog but I'm happy to be the first. It was nice seeing you the other day and your cookies were amazing! I bet you had an Easy-Bake-Oven when you were a kid.

Patty